If you want to be added to the 2020-21 Softball group REMIND account (used to communicate in/offseason updates) please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an invite. Please state who your child is and your relationship.
You will be given instructions to get on Remind and asked to answer some questions for our player info sheets.
Heritage Pride Softball
For those of you who are on a travel softball team, I would like to review my philosophy regarding continuing to play on that team while you are in-season with HS softball. I have had a few girls reach out to me already and, although this is covered during the Spring Sport Meeting, I would like to provide you with my philosophy now so you can plan accordingly. Additionally, as this topic also encompasses absences, I will address that topic as well.
I understand the vital roll your travel program has played in your softball development and the commitment you have to the team. I also understand that there are important family issues that may arise during the season and that your HS studies are important too. I am not only a coach, but a father of a softball player, a travel coach, and a softball trainer, so I understand all of these aspects. That being said, you should know that if you have to miss practice or a game for any of these reasons, there will be some consequences. Not only for you, but also for the team. Every spring, high schools have to work to make 12-15 girls work together as a team and that is difficult to pull off in 3 short months, so your commitment to the team is important.
- We are “in season” starting Feb 22nd.
- Our Varsity will practice 430-615. JV will practice from 6-730. Subject to change as season nears.
- We may have a small number of Saturday practices early in the year.
- If you cannot come to practice because you have homework/family issue, you must notify me as soon as you know.
- Attending an official school event linked to a grade will not be held against you; however, you must notify me of any conflicts at least 2-weeks in advance. Doing homework and studying does not qualify. This needs to be budgeted with your time.
- The weekends are yours but…
- When we have an in-season Saturday practice, it is NOT voluntary. It will announced early to give you time to plan.
- If your travel team is playing in a tournament on the weekend, know that HS softball comes first. You are welcome to join your travel team after any HS practice.
- Family trips are not a valid excuse to miss a practice. If you do not attend practice for this reason, it will be unexcused.
- Everything else…
- An unexcused absence, especially multiple unexcused absences, can potentially affect playing time. All absences, and any consequences, will be discussed with the player, not the team. If absences become a problem for a player, coaches will work with the player to get them back on track.
I hope this information helps as we all prepare for the HS Spring Softball Season!
Coach Frank Doering
Heritage High School Softball